View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 12:21 AM   #10
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Talking

BrettH, the intent is not to build an entire world, but if we do set our game in a fictional world similar to a historical model, we need to design all the elements of that world, which is what we're doing.

I know the project is possible. I've spent the last year working on elements of it daily. Code-wise, it's a bit daunting since there are so many different things that need changing and creating in the codebase we're using (a variant of the RPI Engine).

I agree in most respects, Ilkidarios, that the term "historical" would probably fit. We're patterning both the history and the culture of the game world after the real model (if all goes as planned to a detail that will be more than sufficient for functionality).

I suppose "Historical" and "historical fantasy" will work. The thing that really bothers me is that if you do a search for "historical" you turn up results ranging from high-fantasy to Star Wars. My intent is to produce a MUD with a particular historical-like socio-cultural setting, not mislead.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote