View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #120
Soleil

Soleil is on a distinguished road
Ok, let me try and answer as much in this post as possible.  This thread is way too long as it is, so this will most likely be my last post in it.

No, and no.  As I stated earlier many many times now, this is Vryce's "thing" so to speak.  Yes I stand by him in his decisions and his stance, but no I will not speak for him.  I've provided the link to our webpage that explains his stance, and I've provided his email address to which you can write.  I doubt anyone has or will.

They simply don't care.  They've told Vryce that many times, even back in 1992 when he sent them many fixes to their code and they told him they didn't care to have them.

He doesn't visit these forums, nor does he care to.  He is much too busy developing and running the game.  He knows I visit here frequently and usually doesn't understand why I even take part.  If you were to email him, you would get a response.  Most likely not something you want to read or that you will like reading, but he simply does not have the time to spend on the forums.  He does not care about being pro-active.  Medievia is successful, it will continue to be successful, despite the handful of people on this forum who would like it to be otherwise.  He does not feel he needs to answer to the audience of this forum.  If you want a response from him, email him.  Enough said about that.

As for me... I like this forum, I visit it regularly just like all of you do.  I like reading the posts and responding and defending Medievia.  I like the ever-continuing race for votes.  However, unfortunately, I don't always have the knowledge to answer your questions without getting myself in over my head.  I've explained to you all over and over that I cannot answer your questions as I am not Vryce.  You may see that as weak or playing hard to get, but that's the way it is.  I do not want to speak out of my realm of experience.

Everyone that is involved in the "Mudworld" so to speak plays their part in the game.  The players of our games play the games, the gods/imps play the roles of running, developing and managing the games and some of the head imps play the game of competition against other MUDs and acquiring new players.  I love my part in the world of Medievia.  I love being the marketing director and getting our game new players.  I love speaking to new players on the game and finding out their backgrounds in gaming/MUDs.  More and more they are coming to Medievia from topmudsites, despite all the negativity surrounding the game.  So, I think I lost my point, but basically even though you all hound on Medievia and our background, I still love being a part of it all.

And, you can think and believe what you will about Medievia, Vryce, me, our integrity and so forth.  Nothing is going to change your feelings, ever.  Even if we were sued and DIKU won and you all got what you want, you would still hate Medievia.  Even if the DIKU team publically stated they don't care what we are doing, you would still hate Medievia.  We will always be the ugly duckling of the Mud world.  So be it.  I know who I am and you think you know who I am, but in the end the feelings of a few posters on an Internet forum are not going to ruin my life nor change the fact that there is much more to life than the beliefs of a handful of MUD admins posted on a MUD forum.

So, again, I'm sorry I couldnt answer your questions.  Hopefully you will take the time to write to Vryce if you are so interested in knowing his stance.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote