View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #14
misao

misao is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for RP-focused MUD with as little combat as possible

Thanks for all the help, guys. Please, don't argue about RPI in this thread, it isn't what I intended at all. I don't quite care whether the type of MUD I like really is considered an RPI in technical terms or not. I just want to find it.

Newworlds, I didn't participate in much tavern RP during my stint there. I joined the Southlands because I loved the concept of it, and while I loved the concept even more during my few days as a slave, I really am pretty sure that almost everyone I saw during that time was like 'grins', 'waves', 'cheers'. Especially during code-based activities.

So what IS a harshlands-type MUD and a armageddon-type MUD? ^^;

I did find Shadows of Isildur in the listing when I searched, but I was hesitant to try it because I have virtually no knowledge of Tolkien, which I imagine would make it rather difficult.

As for OtherSpace, I might give it a try as well, although I generally tend to gravitate towards MUDs which involve mainly humanoids. Elves and the like are fine I suppose, but I really try to stay away from animals, reptiles, tentacles, aliens....
misao is offline   Reply With Quote