View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 01:49 PM   #3
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I usually take only one aspect of how I see myself, and exploit it to form the basis of a new character. I already play "me" in real life, and I want my fantasy character to be something else. In one character, I might take the part of me who used to hang out at the local bar when I was in my last years of college, the down to earth, fairly naive but definitely not stupid type..and make that my cut-up "hillbilly" leathercrafter who lives in a harsher area (politically) than he was brought up in.

My necromancer was the suckup in me. The one who knew she would get ahead more efficiently if people believed she was trying to help (even while she was plotting to stab them in the back).

My other necromancer was more like a conversation with a friend of mine from long ago - I took the conversation itself and turned it into a character personality.

As a GM, I had a blast taking different parts of me and making them live in fantasy. My little girl who loved pointing out the obvious...

>Character glances at the Spirit of Joe.
>Scratching her head, Character says, "You're dead, you know."
>Character shakes a finger scoldingly at the Spirit of Joe, and says, "You should try not to do that too much. Make yer face all squinched up and then ya look real ugly and nobody wanna play hopscotch wit ya no more."

Just total silliness that only a little girl could get away with..and that is also a part of my own personality that I like to let out sometimes.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote