View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #19
lotusofro

lotusofro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The "Health," of Muds

All I'm going on is logging in at different times in the day typing who or similar command and counting people seen. Which is a rough estimate to be sure. Although I'm not doing it to "prove," anything but to see which muds seem "popular," and comparing them to the "unpopular," muds to see what they may be doing differently.

As for "health," we can prove there are less muds to day than in the past. The graph that has been put up on here shows that TMC is at it's lowest point since 1999. While we have no idea exact numbers we can learn from it that there are without a doubt "less muds," we just don't have solid numbers. We just know there are less.

Combine that knowledge with the knowledge that Matt provided that there are no muds currently running today with a pbase like the best muds of years past. We have an idea that the market is in decline.

This doesn't mean the market can't have another upswing. My findings are that it may just be possible to get a major upswing going. Unfortunately with the coding, etc. I won't be done to test this until June or July.
lotusofro is offline   Reply With Quote