View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 02:03 AM   #51
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
You seem to be missing the point. Achaea's advertising their furniture inaccurately (like they advertise the RP and most other aspects of their games), crediting themselves with "innovative" features which are anything but.

Instead of responding to the criticisms of his exagerrations, Matt has instead ignored their points and offered "testimonials" from his playerbase, a group that most likely hasn't tried anything but his games, as evidence of the innovation of the features. So yeah, IRE games are going to sound great to them (and even if they didn't, he's not going to post the negatives anyway). But many who've tried more than one MUD often find that what they once considered great is in fact average or worse when they expand their base of comparison. I for one have tried well over 800 MUDs including all the IRE games and not found them the least bit impressive. In fact, having tried Achaea three different times over the last four years, my impression has steadily gone down as I've seen free-to-play MUDs produce much finer games and features in much more impressive manners.

And regarding name-calling, the worst I've seen on this particular discussion has come from you, who've failed to use logic or reason in your posts, ignoring any points made by others in favor of flames.

And as for your criticism of those with "no accomplishments", I've played Threshold MUD too. You fall solidly in that category as well so maybe you ought to take your own advice about being an illogical troll and spend your time bringing that MUD up to par. And try a few other MUDs out there. You might gain inspiration for your own. Just don't call catching-up with what's out there "innovative" or "pushing the envelope."

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote