View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
kugrian

Home MUD: Accursed Lands
kugrian is on a distinguished road
Re: What do you think happened to LPmuds?

Until quite recently, I hadn't really seen any work done on LPMUDS for years. As you say, most of the LP community disappeared, and many still appear elusive. LPUniversity and the Dead Souls community have done a great job in breathing some life back into the area (I've really pleased that the Lima mudlib has finally been updated by [url]http://lpmuds.net/[/ur] so it can be complied without major headaches).

From the Intermud router currently run by , I wouldn't really say LPMUDs are anywhere near dead, it's just the amount of work required seems a lot more.

The I work on runs on a hugely modified Lima mudlib and has been in progress for 10+ years (much longer than that if you count it's ). That, of course, has been a huge commitment on the part of the creators involved in the MUD/s, and though would have probably been easier with a DIKU-based MUD, wouldn't have advanced in the same ways.

Summing up, I think it's mostly down to the lack of interest in LPMUDS for so many years, as well as the time and commitment required to build a successful MUD.
kugrian is offline   Reply With Quote