View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 09:52 AM   #6
Pasano

Pasano is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pasano
Actually, I encountered a druid character a lot like that on an old game I played. His name was Boonom (and if he reads these boards, he'll love the mention). His player was quite the quality RPer in my opinion, because he was able to properly express a clueless titan druid. Kind to all, loving, friendly. He just wanted to be liked, and he was the most easily manipulated character I've ever encountered. Big and dumb, thumbs up.

Another interesting type, for any class, but especially combat oriented types like fighters, is the 'good-natured creature raised/mentored by evil'.

For the most basic of examples, an orphaned dwarf raised by a drow priestess. Sure it'd never happen, but lets play along. Make him a sundred dwar for added effect.

The Dwarf, a good creature by nature has his perceptions twisted and skewed by his upbringing. He is still good in nature, but his understanding of right vs. wrong and his will to do good are altered. The inner conflict makes for more than a few interesting storylines... such as 'What do you mean it's not nice to sacrafice small children to Lloth?'
Pasano is offline   Reply With Quote