Thread: homes
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 12:21 PM   #7
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
"2. Players will get the ability to purchase room credits that they can then use to build a house on a housing plot that they own (and must purchase from one of the cities). Players will then be able to modify their houses at will, including how they connect to each other, doors, locks, and so on."

Out of curiosity do the PLAYERS do the buying of credits or does the CHARACTER?

Anyways, I'm about 85% finished with the housing code for my mud. I went with a dynamic description that the players can alter by adding objects to the rooms, painting the walls, or other various handyman tasks. In the end there is a chance that alot of the houses could end up the same, given at the moment there are only a handful of objects and such that can be added to the rooms.

I decided to go with this route over giving the players string_editing access for the simple reason that I don't trust some players very much. If I had to double check every desc they wanted for the houses I would just go with the route mentioned earlier of having them submit the desc to an immort and then we apply it maunally.
Tavish is offline   Reply With Quote