View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 05:43 PM   #13
Cyre

Cyre is on a distinguished road

Regardless of the fact that it is an expected requirement as a GM to be able to properly represent male and female characters with equal propensity, it doesn't always work out this way. However, I would be remiss to question whether, in the groups that you act as a GM, be they pen and paper type games or LARPing or what have you, do you not have certain individuals (obviously yourself included) who the group finds "better suited" to act as a GM? Some people are simply better at presenting a range of roles than others, and it is generally these people who make the best GM. I would say, then, that it would be little more than a philosophic footstep to say that it is this same type of person who effectively plays characters of the opposite gender.

So, to answer your question, it isn't much of a difference at all. But the ability is still relegated to what I would expect is a minority within a minority, that being those who are both effective GM's and, within that group, those who enjoy playing characters of an opposite gender.

~Cyre
Cyre is offline   Reply With Quote