View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #15
Santrilla

Santrilla is on a distinguished road
Thought of something new. The only real way to combat a problem like this- planning out your bio and then discovering it doesn't fit into the world you choose- is to look around before you put the work in. Make a guest character or something to begin with. Wander the place, investigate the various races, classes, and roleplays avaliable. Admittedly in some MU*s this isn't allowed, but it should be. I mean, it's like telling someone they're going to be stranded somewhere but not telling them where, so they can pack whatever they like and then find it's all useless when they get there... Odd metaphor, but oh well.

Side-note: Personally, I vary my roleplaying techniques. Often I create a character that mimics my personality in real life, because it's just easier- you simply react to situations in the way you would in real life. Such characters are dark, broody and mysterious, like me. Occasionally though, I go for something more interesting. I have real trouble playing the stereotypical 'big stupid orc barbarian' profile though, simply because in such a persona, those around me are increduously stupid. And that annoys me no end.
Santrilla is offline   Reply With Quote