Thread: Ranking History
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #22
Esche

Esche is on a distinguished road
Re: Ranking History

Who lists are pretty deceiving for estimating a games actual voting population, they vary based on time of day and day of week. Just because a player doesn't have time to log in and immerse themselves in the atmosphere of a game doesn't mean they don't have time to click a link to vote for their game, for example i voted twice on sunday yet was unable to log in due to time constaints. While daytime populations are usually rather low even on weekends prime time (7-11) est you can count on 20-35 players in game, topping out on occasion in the low 40's. people with limited time tend to use that time to log in when they know the most people will be online

Honestly though i don't think it really matters what place a game is although games on the first page probably get more views. If you have issues with Isles of Aedin your best course of action for people to take you seriously is to write a serious and well thought out negative review of the game. I am sure it would go over better than just bashing the game on the forums whenever it comes up or accusing it of cheating the rankings. The staff of IOA would probably appreciate the negative review as well as it would give them an idea of what if anything they need to address. Getting input from someone who didn't previously play Dragons gate would go a long way I am sure as just about the entire alpha player base was made up of former players and staff of Dragon's gate
Esche is offline   Reply With Quote