View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #56
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Revolutionary New OLC and Scripting

I have a pretty long memory, KaVir. Plus, talking to Chris' parents reinforces certain memories making them more permanent. Besides, most people listen to the author when they are discussing their work, not other people's perceptions, as priority. That is what has been lost on the Wikipedia article. You seem to think your piecemeal evidence is somehow more substantial than the recollections of the participants. That ignores a significant amount of data.

Only after I copyrighted it. That's why it is malicious. Before I copyrighted it on the Federal level, the article used a copyright date. Instead of correcting the date, you or they merely obscured it with a non-factual date from your circumstantial evidence, merely to retain the date 1994 instead of 1993, reinforcing the argument that Armageddon's OLC, which only had a single room editor at the time, and had not been released until many years later if at all, is somehow more substantial and thus warrants a longer section of the article and some sort of emphasis above and beyond The Isles OLC.

By the way, I of course worked on Aldara3 with Morg, mainly vicariously by sharing code directly with him, so the Morgenes era of Armageddon means an era where I was contributing in some form. I'm not claiming that Morg didn't come up with many features on his own, but I can assert that I shared information with Morg. If he chooses to deny this, well, that's his problem. I met Morg in 1999 at Tyr Na Nog in Raleigh-Durham, NC, but the meeting was a bit brief.

Ego, groupthink. I don't know how your brain is structured, ask yourself that question.

Last edited by locke : 03-19-2009 at 02:46 PM.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote