View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #192
Justin534

Justin534 is on a distinguished road
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

I have to say I've really only played on 2 MU*s ever. The one I'm currently playing on, Harshlands, and a very old now defunct MUSH called Atlantis that I probably played on about 10 or so years ago. The one thing I loved about it was the even though its player base was small it was more than made up for by the admins, and as far as I could tell there were only 2. What I loved is that I could see if they were available for RP purposes using the +who, were as on Harshlands admins never appear on the who so I have no idea if anyone is available to be petitioned for RP.

Don't get me wrong I really like the MUD so far, but in my mind it doesn't compare yet to Atlantis. I loved the fact to that if I wanted to do something that wasn't hard coded in the admins would do a skill check and see what the results were from there. One example was that I had fairly high level skill in electronics, or something of that nature, and there were 2 pirates wanted with a reward for anyone that could bring them in. There weren't any tracking devices programmed into the game so I petitioned an admin based on my skills to create a tracking device which I planted on one of the pirates. I also converted one of the torpedoes into a bomb so I could destroy their sumbarine at the dock, then I was collaborating as best I could with one of the main police force captains. I had both sides convinced I was on their side, but the captain didn't know I had infiltrated and was on friendly terms with them.

We all somehow ended up in one room together myself and the two pirates were in there at first, then the police captain came an and one of the pirates pulled his gun on the captain, the captain pulled his gun, then both sides were telling me to pull out my gun and point it at the other side and soon everyone had a gun pointed at each other.

...In the end one of the pirates escaped, the other was captured - he went on trial and was put to death and the other pirate came in a day or two later to the lounge I was at with a bomb strapped to his chest and commited suicide attempting to take me with him, which he wasn't succesful at.

It was really exciting and great fun which I've yet to be able to replicate on another MU*
Justin534 is offline   Reply With Quote