View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
Neurolysis

Neurolysis is on a distinguished road
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Hello,

As you may have noticed, we at Wikipedia have recently noticed your bid to not have this deleted (we traced it to this thread), and as always when something like this has occurred have taken measures to ensure that accounts that we assume to be coming from here are likely to be discounted in the final judgment on the fate of the article itself. You can still save the article to your userspace and work on it there, and then re-enter it into the mainspace (article space) when you feel it is ready.

If you feel comfortable discussing this on-Wiki with me then my username is the same as here, Neurolysis. Note that I understand your concern at the deletion of the article, but putting all of the blame on some sort of cabal or 'minions' of sorts is a little nonsensical and is a false conspiracy. Perhaps what you are saying about the nominator is correct, I am not one to judge, but usually when something comes up like this it turns out it is completely different to how it looks on the surface.

Anyway, I am here to answer any questions you may wish to ask about the discussion that you may be uncomfortable asking on Wiki. We do not want to alienate prospective editors, and nor do we want to delete good articles.

As a note, your genre's noteworthiness is not being questioned. We already have an article on it, and that is not up for deletion - and neither does it seem that it should be.

As it generally goes, canvassing like this only makes the article more likely to be deleted, as a lot of the keep votes have to be discounted, and false positives may therefore occur due to the suspicious behavior.

There are a lot of people leaning on the keep side of things - there is no conspiracy. I'd say the debate is somewhat balanced, if perhaps tipping a little on the delete side of things, but maybe not enough for deletion - anyway, I certainly won't be the one closing it. The matter of fact is that creating a new account just to vote will not work, and will have the adverse affect than you intend.

Any questions you want to ask about the deletion process, what people mean by their arguments or what you could do to improve the article can either be asked here or at my talk page, or you can find me with the same handle at #wikipedia-en and ##neurolysis on irc.freenode.net.

Thanks,

- Chris
Neurolysis is offline   Reply With Quote