View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 02:09 AM   #24
Scorpcrys

Scorpcrys is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the consessions and admitting that not everything is all and well. But i too must admit i'm biased. I'm a long time Dragonrealms player that was recently introduced to this site (along with the entire playerbase).

So i can verify that there was *one* in game announcement that the button had put up. I wasn't playing at the time but there has been alot of discussion about it on our message boards. That's a big difference from a daily "reminder". And i can also tell you for a fact that the Simutronics staff has asked the players not to vote simply because they can.

I'm sorry but this statement is so wrong. The following is a quote from the Dragonrealms message board:

This numbers are pretty typical (if you're wondering if this might be particulary busy night).

Is this list reflecting population of the MUD? No. It is reflecting quality of the MUD? Perhaps on a more general level i say yes it is. It would more so if the administaters let the players make the desicion to vote or not.

I think we all have to accept this list for what it is and not base our MUD's worth on it.