View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 01:27 AM   #22
John

John is on a distinguished road
I'd have to agree with everything rhakshai said.

At first I thought it was an artocity, until I realised why I thought it was an atrocity. People are recieving IC rewards for OOC actions. Now if the Imms ever thought of implementing this at Armageddon, I'd kill them. Why? because Armageddon is an RPI, so IC rewards for an OOC action is ridiculous.

Now what about Muds, that are H&S or RP Encouraged? From a PLAYERS point of view I don't see a problem with it for H&S and not TOO big a problem with RP encouraged muds. But that's the view I'd have as a PLAYER from said Mud.

The voting system ISN'T for the best, it's for the most heavily populated mud. And I don't see anything wrong with this, as when I look for a new mud, just as a break from Armageddon, I -want- a heavily populated Mud, and love the system that is in place here.

I think the only people who should really care about Achea's voting system, are the players.

If THEY mind having a message every 10mins saying "Don't forget to vote" then THEY should go to Achea's staff and say as much.

If THEY have a problem with people recieving IC benefits for voting, then THEY should go to Achea's staff and say as much.

That's what I think the issue should be, are the players getting annoyed? If they aren't then who cares, but if they are and it doesn't change, then I think the Muds who use this system will suffer, because the players will either leave or stop voting.

Although I can understand everyone's frustration. Because they try so hard to create a good mud, and then have another mud beat them by a method that would be considered "not right" if they implemented in their Mud.

The only problem I could possibly have as a non-Achea person, is if they were bribing the TMS staff.