View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #230
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

ROFL. I'm scared to see you at your worse then. You do so much to hurt your cause that I'm glad we don't share the same opinions on roleplaying and muds.

You need to look up the word biased. All your posts and all your videos dealing with AFSes are incredibly biased. If you had bothered to read this thread at all instead of going off half-cocked all the time, you'd be able to see and comprehend that everyone knows that AFSes differ, and most of us do not want to be categorized with AFSes. They have a very specific set of features that some of us believe hurt a roleplaying environment and the progress of players, and we've opted not to have those features. If you knew anything about coding, it wouldn't take more than a month of hard work to put in every feature set that AFSes have. It also doesn't take anything to add about 3 hours of work for a player to get into a game. Anyone can be anal retentive and reject dozens of character creation attempts. We actually actively make sure that this does not occur. Players are not to be kept waiting to get into the world and begin exploring their characters.

Thank you for confirming that AFSes (at least yours) are nothing more than an exclusive clubs where you're expected to jump through all sorts of hoops in order to "belong". That's been the point many of us have been trying to make for quite some time.

ROFL. I hate to inform you, but you failed miserably at seeming sarcastic. If that was your intent, you need to take some acting classes because you aren't very good at it.

If that's true, then you wouldn't be here trying to defend the points and the mistakes you made in the video. If it's satire and silliness, then the content is irrelevant, and you were just having a good laugh. You contradict yourself by arguing so vehemently the points in your film that people have taken exception to.

I thought the point was that you were trying to be funny. Isn't that what you claim the point is? Remember, I'm socially lacking because I found your video to be intentionally misleading and didn't get that you were trying to be intentionally funny. I did think you were pretty funny in a pathetic way, but most of the RPI stuff was just boring, honestly, except for the part about medieval people not knowing how to tell time or count days.

Well, good thing we're not trying to impress you, and yes, I understand that your point is that AFS muds are elitist, exclusive clubs for roleplayers who think they're way too good for any other type of game. That's been what I've been trying to get across this entire discussion*.

*(In case anyone missed it, my point has been that many, many AFS players post and behave this way, not that all of them do. )