View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #27
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Re: Revolutionary New OLC and Scripting

I'm making no claims about your software. I stated DG was not in anyway derived from it, but I didn't state that yours was derived from DG either. I did though in fact state that I would appreciate you keeping the DG Scripts Wikipedia Page free of all references to NIMScript. As to whether or not you actually made the change yourself I can't prove as I do not know your IP nor where you live. What I do know is that whoever made the changes does live in Pennsylvania. I also know that Thomas Arp aka. Welcor wrote most of the DG Scripts language and that it was not derived from NIMScripts. I also know that KaVir has deleted references to NiMud in the past from the GodWars Wikipedia Page so that whoever is adding references to NiMUD to one of the pages is likely the same person who has added them to all of them in the past. I also know the change was added to the DG Scripts page just shy of two weeks ago which was around the same time that you recently began posting on TMC again.

Summary for those with tl;dr syndrome: I make no claims about the history of NiMScript, but I will vehemently deny any claim that DG is a derivative of said language as I have never heard of NiMScript till recently and have worked with Thomas Arp on TBA for five years and know that 99%+ of what is today known as DG Scripts was written by him or was in the initial release by the DG Staff when they released it. (ie. he coded the majority of the differenced between what it was then and is today, not that he coded the initial language that was used on Death's Gate)
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote