Thread: Good vs. Evil
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2002, 02:17 PM   #11
Chapel

Chapel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Chapel Send a message via AIM to Chapel Send a message via MSN to Chapel
Angry

Well you have to remember one universal truth. When speaking of good and evil it is not always subjective to the individual, in fact, traditional interpretation forces us to realize the individual is nothing, a star in an endless sky one that may already be burnt out while we view it....(long story)

So in that context, Good is defined as that which will help the masses over the individual, refrain from violence save for the notion of self defense and sharing and the abundant use of the "virtues". In this same context Evil is base, using force over reason, might defining right. They are then manipulative, conniving, vicious, etc. etc.

To the darklander, or whomever, the notions of Evil are "good", but that isn't the logic of it. That is a method of self justification. Traditionally speaking, your darklanders are evil, they go against all the virtues of good, and therefore are disliked by the "lightlanders" I think that was their name.

From your definition I would say your character is Lawful Evil. There are obviously some rules in effect that keeps her from totally revealing herself, meaning she respects some measure of punishment...hence the lawful and evil because she chooses to conceal, deceive, manipulate and hide.

As much as I think TSR is flawed, their 9 basic alignments can pretty much define any character.

Chapel is offline   Reply With Quote