Thread: Moderation
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #13
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Moderation

I can totally sympathize with that feeling. I have stopped posting on TMS many times in the past because I got so sick of dealing with off topic, personal attacks from people who can't seem to tolerate the existence of professional mud admins.

I actually think we are ALREADY seeing the payoff from this. The rapid moderation of personal attacks has helped keep contentious threads on topic, and is already creating an environment where people are more interested in having discussions.

It is hard to have a discussion when you are constantly wondering how some random person is going to take offense and start flaming you personally. Having confidence that the moderators will quickly remove personal attacks makes me feel a lot more comfortable about having on topic discussions about game design, MUDding, and similar topics.

Earlier today, I was thinking about a game administration issue and actually thought "Hmm, I should post about that on TMS and see what other admins think." That was the first time in YEARS that TMS felt to me like a legitimate site where one could discuss issues of game design or administration.

That isn't a slam on Adam. He did a great job starting up this site and building it up for years. I think he just got overwhelmed by the hate mongering trolls that ruined the forums. But I really like what I see so far regarding the moderation of personal attacks.

Thank you Lasher, and thank you moderators.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote