View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Hello from a lurker

Hello Rosareven,

I don't log on here as much as I used to so this is a bit outdated, but I found your post refreshing as it smacked a bit of the player I used to be 10+ years ago when I starting Text Gaming. The difference for me was that I enjoyed the fierce and scary roleplay that came with conflict and intrigue. Evenso, I can understand your point in wanting a casual roleplay environment.

I personally believe you can find this in any non-enforced rp game. I don't think you should give that up and certainly not if that is your game of choice. I will warn you however, any serious roleplay game requires more than a couple hours a week if you want to be immersed. Otherwise it is more like popping in and catching up but never getting anywhere.

This is especially true in New Worlds Ateraan. Though you can be a casual player and not get involved in the excitement offered from many of the religions, guilds, cities, or secret groups, you will lose out on the immersive environment. However, I know of many players that pretty much roleplay with a few friends and don't get into conflict other than invasions or other global events that occur (which can also be avoided if you want).

Don't get me wrong, I don't recommend NWA as it is a hard core roleplaying environment, my point is, you are the leading player in any roleplaying game and the direction, quality, and environment is created mostly by you and your choices.

Try to keep that in mind as you seek out your home.

Good Luck!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote