View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 04:49 PM   #89
Lovelorn

Lovelorn is on a distinguished road
Cool

Regarding whether Simutronics issued IG messaging to vote for their site...  Yes.  ONCE.  It was right after they put the Voting Button up on the site, and it is my belief that it was done just to make us initially aware of the site, and our ability to vote for DR if we so desired.  However, once was enough for many of the gaming population there to object.  They did not object to them making us aware of it, but rather that it was issued as a gamewide announcement, as opposed to a News article.  No experience or any other incentive was used to obtain votes.  Simutronics has also allowed for Player Reviews.  Anyone who has read them will notice that there are both positive and negative reviews.  To me, that speaks much louder...  Personally, I would find any MUD that is listed here on this site that did NOT allow for Player Reviews as suspect. I have tried out a few of the other games on this site since discovering it (Thanks Simu) and I purposely chose NOT to check out Achaea (which I would have since it was listed as Number 1) due to what I have read regarding their attempt to stack the votes by offering IG incentives.