View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #9
Yev

Most of the time I'm waiting 5-7 minutes, and stuff does get done. I also do a lot of priority stuff though. As in, I'll openly classify one scene as important and needing finished and another as 'I'd like to finish but I can get on with my life if otherwise.'

15 minutes is the longest I want to wait for everyone else in the room. I don't care whether it's 5 people or 10 or 50. Also, where I play pose/emote length is 3-7 lines normally, with one liners or 7+ line emotes in occassionally. It's not like there's a rule that says 3-7 lines for all emotes. :>

Anyway, after about 15 minutes if it's not an AFK or something else I begin to get irritated, and will either find a way out, or just OOC and say "I'm out of here." If it goes on for too long.

A lot of this goes into one of my big tenets of RP that'll sound odd: It's about me first. - And I don't care if everyone says that, really. Since I pursue my own self interest in role playing, I'll go and make interesting scenes and make interesting contributions to scenes. Other people can get involved, thus increasing my entertainment. On the converse, when other people generate fun I get involved in, I get fun for myself but not without giving back my own idea generation to everyone else. It's for this same reason that as a group we try to be courteous and friendly to other players, and respect them. We get our own benefits.

Along with this: When I'm not having fun anymore, I'll leave. I don't mean I'll leave if bad stuff happens ICly, I mean I'll leave if I'm waiting 30 minutes to emote and it takes 90 minutes for something just to get started. I'm not having fun at that point and I'm no longer contributing. So for my benefit and the benefit of everyone else involved: I get out of the scene.

As for what I do between emoting: I have alts, I'll chat on the channels (There are global channels where I play at), maybe even play some Yahoo chess... I put the scenes I'm in first, but will happily do other things if it facilitates the other players trying to make a good scene of fun.