View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
Spoke

Spoke is on a distinguished road
In repeated opportunities Matt and a couple of others have mentioned that it would be great if the huge MUDs or even Graphic games were allowed in the listings. It would of course mean that non of the regular #1 contenders would occupy that place again, but it would mean much more exposure to thousands of players who would have never seen about MUDs otherwise.

Even then, I have noticed how the #1 MUD gets considerably more click's out than when they are #2 (in both cases talking about the same MUD). I know this because I try to pay attention when my favorite game is #1 and check the in/out ratio, and I do it as well when the game is #2 and seems like the ratio changes a lot (from around .6 to around .4).

My question is, if you have a way to receive feedback from your players as to where did they hear from you, and you have tracked the player influx when your MUD is in a higher rank compared to when it is not, how correlated are the two?

Specifically talking about Achaea vs Aardwolf now, it seems that whichever one is first gets a high number of clicks-out and the other considerably less, but if next week their places switch, the number of clicks out swap as well, hinting that it is not a player-base screw-up by clicking the MUDs name to go back to their website. Have any of you noticed a definite difference between #1 and #2 weeks, the_logos and Aardwolf?
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote