View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #93
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

For those who dont care about Threshold, but play muds do what I just did and click MU* Category and start taking links. I think you will find that almost every one can be deleted using the arguments laid down by the admin on wikipedia.

I am not as eloquent as some of the boffins getting involved in this debate.. I am just using common sense. For those not following the debate, this is what my take on the situation was

Comment I have just followed the MU* Games Category link and gone through almost every game listed (briefly). Most of them have even less references, sources than Threshold. If you delete this one entry, you may as well delete every entry in the MU* Category using the same precedence potentially laid down here (I saw maybe one possible exception, and most of the references there were on the same vein as Thresolds.. webbased writeups). If you delete the MU* Category, you are deleting a genre.. if you delete a genre, Wikipedia is incomplete and in essense a useless pile of crap and a failure. I would urge editors to look a little deeper than the Thresold entry, but the MU* category itself and the knock on effects of removing the Threshold entry. Oh, then you may as well move onto Video games, the majority of the 1996 games have nothing to make them notable.. get rid of that category as well.. same thing.. in fact by the time you have finished Wiki will look a lot thinner and deny the existance of anything computer based before 2000.

Summary - If you have categories such as MU* listing games (and there is nothing on the categoryt that says NOTABLE Mu* then list them, and likewise the games listed in the list should have entries even if it is just a stub. And if a game has been produced by a company, like ALL video games listed, so should the developer.. and LIKEWISE, the developer has an entry.

Lots of waffle.. but I hope my point got accross from a 'normal person using wiki' perspective

Last edited by MudMann : 01-06-2009 at 06:56 AM.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote