View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Odd Raven

Home MUD: Arantha
Odd Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Odd Raven
Favorite Aspects?

So, I've been thinking about some of my favorite roleplay as a player over the decade or so I've been puddling around in MUDs (Yes. It was a sadly deliberate pun). I've got to say, my early years on Imperian have probably offered the best story-telling period of my experience, but it's over now - come to a natural end, where you just don't really have more to drag your character through. Building a new character's always fun, though and probably my favorite part of the game. As most of you know, I'm sure, I've been kicking around on Arantha lately and I'm enjoying the many details of creating a persona to live behind, figuring out how he or she reacts to certain things, adding quirks (I had a character who was strictly opposed to birth. Seeing it, assisting with it, hearing about it, so on. Outside of her 'realm of interests', she called it. A priest, too. Go figure).

Out of Arantha, I think the thing I'm enjoying best is crafting the character, her interactions with the other Arantha...nites? Aranthians? Well, the other inhabitants of her world. Making poor choices to interact with people who are clearly insane, or befriending a few members of the guard, what have you.

So, what I'm asking is: What's your favorite part of the experience? Smashing stuff over the head with a rock or sword or what-have-you? Creating the persona itself or that rare bit of involvement that lends to your character? Interested!
Odd Raven is offline   Reply With Quote