View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: your favorite multiplayer games

I played Travian a bit and simply couldn't get into it. Way too much downtime and waiting for resources.

It does have a pretty heavy military component, but I think people are less war crazy than the ones in Travian. (Of course I say that when there's a World War going on on my server.) Also, Travian was more about your individual plot of land. In Ikariam, you share your island with several people, and you usually find a good group of people to work with. Your political skills seem to matter a lot more, and I just enjoy the heavy trading aspects. You could go all out warlike, too, but that takes a whole different strategy.

Anyway, it's my "game of the moment". It's lovely for people who are building, coding or writing because there is plenty of downtime, but you could work on the politics for hours on end. If you decide to give it a try, drop me a PM. I have to say that Ikariam has inspired a few gaming ideas for me!

Also, interesting story about my nick... Actually, it's not interesting, but it's a bit personal.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote