DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

It's unfortunate that these threads always turn into this. There are some inciteful posts here, and some that should be forgotten.

A) To Prof: You and I just have different generations of opinion on how to re-create a vital RPI and maintain a high quality of roleplay. Anyone who knows me knows that story and roleplay are not to be compromised for marketing reasons, in my opinion. I can accept our difference of opinions, and hope that your game is successful when it releases.

B) To TH and NW: There's no need to bash difference of opinions on game-design elements such as whether or not to have an OOC chat channel in-or-out of client. It's obvious that the players who frequent RPIs tend to like this approach to design, for whatever the reason may be. I can accept that it's a clear distinction from your style of RP-Game and mine.

C) To Everyone: Chill out a bit, okay? Do folks not realize that most players/admins from both genres of RP-MUDs see each other in -exactly- the same way? RPI players are less outspoken on these forums, generally, but they still feel the same way. Personally, making blanket statements about another genre of players/admins for either side is just a complete let-down; I respect logic and reason. That's all that I can say about that.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote