Thread: Me too!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 08:10 AM   #29
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Wow, Xanferious, you're making progress on capitalization! Way to go. I suggest you learn how to break your text into paragraphs next. It makes it easier to follow.

Besides, it is certainly encouraging to note that you can actually manage to respond in more then two words when you do lower yourself to add something to the discussion. As you do here - even if I disagree with what you're saying.

The point you keep missing is that people have to download the pointless spam when reading a thread, and that this is a major inconvenience when you're on modem dialup.
Got that one already?
Nobody would care about the spam if it was possible to truly ignore it, but some people have to wait for long times for a thread to download. Just try, for a second, to walk a few threads in their shoes.
You wait, and wait, and the thread comes up. You think, "Oh, golly, lots of new replies!" and then find out most of the posts are "heh", "me too", "yes" or "i agree".
Perhaps it would also help you if you realized that outside the USA, local phone calls to the ISP are not free of charge. The one-liners cost money to the people they **** off.

Oh, and it's "netiquette", not "net ettique". The mangled term is nice, though.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote