View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 03:03 PM   #3
visko

visko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to visko Send a message via AIM to visko
Multiplaying on the MUDs I normally admin/play is usually not a big deal. I'd just like to see/help with a group who would enjoy creating templates for the code-based enforcement of common rules that immortals normally have to be bothered with all the time on a MUD. Take the personal conflicts out of the game by coding punishment for transgressions.

Multiplaying would be an interesting one to deal with, however, and it would be very different for each MUD. Some want no multiplaying at all; some allow for 2 characters, and some don't care as long as you don't use it to gain a big advantage in play, e.g. spamkilling a multi to get a better pk ratio, etc.

I'd enjoy exploring different reasons for each rule, and coming up with code that could be used as a template upon which administrators can (without a whole lot of coding knowledge) implement their rules a little more effectively than just saying "don't do it" and catching the random idiot who doesn't realize that imms can be online and incognito.

-Visko
visko is offline   Reply With Quote