View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #174
Qzzrbl

Home MUD: #1 Armageddon
Home MUD: #2 Atonement
Qzzrbl is on a distinguished road
Re: Veterans of Roleplay Intensive MUDs

Another thing that gets alot of new players....

Games like Armageddon are -hard-.... It's a harsh, gritty world, and all of the things that can kill you -vastly- outnumber all of the things that can save you.

From what I could guess, you didn't read over all of the documentation.

I'll be honest, my very first experiences with Armageddon were very much the same....

I was a total ubernoob, and I came because my old home mud (age of legends) had closed down. Was your typical H&S where roleplay was listed as enforced, but it wasn't really enforced. YET I DIGRESS!

Here's the story.... My first character ever actually had -metal- in his main description.

He was promptly rejected, as stated in the documentation, metal is crazyrare.

So I try again, no metal. I get accepted-- awesome. He was a half-elf ranger.

Wound up meeting some guy who tried hiring me into his little band of raiders.... So I joined up, with nothing better to do.

Later on, he logs out, and I leave the gates of Tuluk to go hunting, and get me some EXP so I can level up and be awesome.

I get torn to shreds by a pack of gortoks.

Undaunted, I nearly copy/pasted my char's description and background again, to get accepted by the imms who surely recognized a confused noob.

I go find the raider guy and talk to him again, subtlety telling him my previous character had died (Man, you saw the body of that guy with <insert sdesc keyword here>? Sucks for him-- Say, I'm looking for a job.)

So the guy hires -this- incarnation of the char again.

After we talk some and I left, I decided to try something a little "easier".... Like a child!

So I attacked a kid and got swarmed by guards, and killed.

At that point, I thought, "wtf, this is bull****, **** this game!"

And left.

Four years later, out of boredom, I give it another go.

Wound up meeting some cool people, getting great interactions, learned the game, read all the docs back and front-- been hooked ever since.
Qzzrbl is offline   Reply With Quote