View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 05:28 PM   #8
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
I tried to resolve this earlier by essentially saying that we just should agree to disagree. However, you now proceed to call me a hypocrite.

1. I imp on a h/s mud with restricted pk. Players who want to pk must clan. That way, players who wish to play without worrying about pk'ing can do so easily. even so, we have rules about pk.

2. you equate cartoonish violence with rape. i disagree. You try to analogize the real life loss of a friend to murder with this scenario. I believe your attempt at a misdirection is sincere, but I also believe it is incorrect.

Finally, your condescending attitute about how I should not try to play therapist for everyone is neither appreciated nor an effective argument. You attempt to belittle my approach by labeling me as a "Catcher in the Rye," which is not an appropriate way to deal with this situation. Instead of an intellectual, or at least civil, discussion, you have now turned this into a personal attack.

Since you do label me a psychiatrist, how about I play that game? It is obvious that you were upset about my remarks and now have to belittle me to satisfy yourself that my arguments are without merit. Unfortunately, this was a sensitive subject and you brought this upon yourself when you chose to author your article. Maybe you are accustomed to people blindly accepting whatever you say, and therefore feel anyone who challenges your arguments must be unable to grasp their complexity.

That is not the case here. You justify the rape fantasy on your game by playing the interloper of restrained violence. Yet you commit the same hypocrisy you accuse me of by allowing violence, then restricting it. So I am a hypocrite because I disallow some types of violence yet you are not when you merely provide oversight and make it difficult? Hyocrisy, my friend, is in the eye of the beholder, and it appears your glasses are quite foggy.

Looks like that slope is a little slippery on your end.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote