View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #31
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Looking for an RPI, where the 'I' stands for "Immersive"

Actually, the evolution is pretty clear, especially if you go back to the topic you referred to.

Refer to Jez's post #56 and #58. Even she, who I associate instantly with an RPI, was willing to call Inferno an RPI. You clearly cannot do that nowadays!

Reading through the past topic, again, it's clear that the word "RPI" never had a set of laid out conditions, which is probably why so much debate has come over the term.

And clearly, there's STILL some confusion because the OP obviously thought he was wanting to play on an RPI only to be told that what he's looking for is NOT an RPI.

Honestly, never really seen a mud who isn't an Armageddon Style mud declare themselves an RPI. Threshold has always been heavily roleplay enforced, and they've never bothered to call themselves an RPI or wanted to.

Not sure what the post linked above was supposed to show me. It only seemed like there's been confusion and argument over the term for a while, and it is obviously continuing on today! Keep in mind that this discussion was started because a PLAYER was requesting what HE thought was an RPI.

I can't respond to your MOO thing either because I'm not sure what MOOs are supposed to be now, and I've never tried God Wars. I wouldn't know if it's a MOO or not! I wouldn't have a problem with you wanting to call yourself a MOO. I would probably have a problem with you if I was running an object-oriented game, and you tried to tell me I couldn't be a MOO!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote