Thread: Pay to Play?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 02:49 AM   #5
Majebrad

Majebrad is on a distinguished road
I've been playing Dragonrealms (p2p) since December of 1996. In that time period I've taken some considerable breaks and played other muds. Kaos HQ was the best out of all of them, may it rest in peace. All of these muds kept me entertained for the most of a month, having the best stuff within a few hours of playing and capping the levels within a month really does make you want to quit.

As far as price tiers in a p2p, it has worked out well in DR. The only price tier in DR prime gets you access to a few hunting areas, all that I can think of have an area that has the exact same mobs in them. Everyonce in awhile there is a merchant that has a few standard items, nothing that is better then a regular merchant.

If I had to pay for levels, items, and access to certain cities though... that's way too much. Games that make you pay by the hour of a few blocks of hours is too much too. Personally I could rack up a significant bill in a short period of time. Unlimited usage fees are the way to go.

I search everyonce in awhile for a good free MUD and haven't found anything yet. Even tried one of those graphical games, Dark Age of Camelot.... failed the test horribly. Two months and I had nearly capped a character. So point me in a good direction, at the very least I'm curious. None of the MUDs on the top 10 list that are non-simutronics looked interesting.

Majebrad
Majebrad is offline   Reply With Quote