View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Determining the Origin and Meaning of RPI

It's pretty simple. The oldschool ones, Armageddon, Harshlands, Forever's End started using it between them. Who started it? Who knows. The point is they chose RPI because it was true about the features they used as well as the roleplaying going on at the mud. I don't think anyone disputes the roleplay that takes place at RPI's, if you do well you're simply uneducated and inexperienced with the mud probably. Either way, SOI started using it and gradually it gained more and more exposure and fame, and a lot of roleplay muds I guess are starting to use it. Which obviously ****es us RPI players off to a certain extent, because we don't want the word that was originated from our muds to start being applied to every other "roleplay intensive" mud out there. Why? Because most RPI players like to see what else is out there, we want to experience the best roleplay and find MUDs that have the concept, meaning, and spirit of the original RPI's had and still have to this day.

The point is, we didn't want it to become what it has, it just eventually did I suppose. We want to be able to differentiate a true RPI from a fake one. Heh.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote