View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #18
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: RPMUD Network 2009 Election Results

There have been changes though not as many as we'd like. Scheduling conflicts and other issues have made meeting a bit difficult at times. Additionally, the Committee voted earlier this year to discard some of the work that had already been done on some features, electing to concentrate on the core of the site instead.

The Charter was up earlier this year but for some reason every upload of it scrambled the tabs which made for a very messy document. I tinkered with it for a while before finally removing it. I'm not that familiar with Joomla so I don't know if there's a way to correct it or if I have to change the way in which indentations are handled in the document prior to uploading.

Since taking down the Charter, I suppose the mission statement of the site hasn't been up. I'm off for Chicago for a couple weeks starting tomorrow but I'll try to find time to put something up, probably during the OC's weekly meeting.

We're still uncertain what, if any, role registration will have on the site. At present you can register but in the future we may opt to remove it entirely depending upon what use it may or may not have.

The charter is to lay out the way that the site is managed from its purpose to decision-making processes. The elections are to ensure a balanced perspective in regard to the diversity of RP-enforced/mandatory games out there by providing direct input from different games. Obviously, having someone from every game would make for an unmanageable situation so instead we have three representatives representing three different perspectives of RP gaming (though there have been suggestions by some on the Operating Committee to expand that to four; the fact that all three seats are finally filled this year may give creedance to such a move).

Just as a side note, October 2009 would be AFTER March.

There were additional articles including the Charter but for some reason the indenting would not resolve properly and thus I took it down since it was very messy. It will go back up.

This is a tentative section since we're not certain how, or even if, we'll be utilizing it. Odds are that we won't but it's there just in case.

The first edition of the journal is scheduled for a Spring 2010 debut and we're hoping we can get caught up after the recent scheduling conflicts in order to meet that deadline.

That's presently in the works but has been delayed by the impact of real life on the staff working on it. It won't be fully completed for some while as part of it involves data collection of the hundreds of RP MU*s out there and that takes time. It will be completed piece by piece probably over a period of years since we also have to review and update it annually.

The work that was done for this section was discarded earlier this year. We're still not certain whether or not we'll retain the remainder of what was planned for this section.

That seems to be the result of a bug in the version of Joomla we're using. It's hoped that using a new version of Joomla may resolve that but I'm not handling that so I don't know the progress or specifics of that decision as the two working on it were going to decide the best course of action. I'll bring it up at the next meeting.

Jason aka Falco
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote