View Single Post
Old 05-06-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
visko

visko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to visko Send a message via AIM to visko
This has probably been talked about before, and I'm sure it's not normally a very desirable request to have, but I'm getting tired of the exclusion of PK-oriented mud concepts forums, and a general air of dislike of pk-oriented muds on fairly well-known, respected web sites like this one, and TMC. People tend to ignore the "dark side" of the games out there, and I'd like to find a place where people who enjoy some decent pk/hack'n'slash can come to share ideas, thoughts, and insane amounts of flames.

I've been noticing that very few pkers come to the sites to talk about aforementioned thoughts, mainly because there isn't any place to put it. Pk is usually dismissed as something either only implemented by muds who can't control their players, or as a cultist "crazy people" group who have nothing to contribute to the advancement of code bases/muds concepts.

I want to change this. I've been playing PK muds almost exclusively for 5 years now, and I've seen some pretty cool things developed around the community, some of which has filtered back into RP muds, some of which has become buried over time, and could be a really nice addition to various code bases, should it become unearthed again.

Think you could throw a PK concepts forum in?

-Visko
visko is offline   Reply With Quote