View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 07:43 PM   #37
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I'm not saying you have to be good at them. I'm saying your character will have no base to grow from when you have no class. I can classify people in the real world, and you can do it on games, that's why they are their. When you don't use classes you leave everything in the hands of the player, who probably just wants every combat skill that the game has. And I am just speculating here, I don't know what classless is all about, but I do know it has too many holes, especially if we are talking about being in character. Classes help shape and create the character because you the player pick what your character is going to naturally have, then you go from there. Plus, when you have a class-based system you can still have skills added by the staff of the Mud. In a classless system I doubt this ever happens because apparently everything is "open" for you the player to gain at your own leisure. I don't see that as being much fun.

-D
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote