View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 01:07 PM   #25
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
I'm still not understanding how you expect someone to customize their character with skills, then go into the world and roleplay into something else? Correct me if I am wrong but if you choose your skills when you start, then you are already setting your destiny, just as if you had a class, because you are choosing what you want your character to have then, not what he makes of himself in the game after he is created, right? A class however takes a basic set of skills, gives them to you, and says here, make something out of this, even if it seems utterly impossible for your merchant who has no combat abilities whatsoever to become a mercenary, you can still do it by roleplaying and actually BE a mercenary. Sure a mercenary who can make jewelry and cook up a storm, but you are still a mercenary because that's what your character became through roleplaying, not the skills you customize when you first started the character.

-Delerak
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote