View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 07:46 PM   #20
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Regardless of any skepticism you might have concerning Alexander himself, the fact still remains that he has provided a forum on which graphical and text-based mudders are meeting. In that respect it doesn't really matter who is running the site - as far as I'm concerned, it's simply a medium through which I can reach some of these people and make it clear just how advanced the forerunners of the text-based community are.

Alexander might be an unknown to us at the moment, but his posts on these forums have been polite, thought-provoking, and in-keeping with the guidelines (as well as the general rules of netiquette). How well known was Icculus before he opened The Mud Connector? How well known was Synozeer before he opened Top Mud Sites? How well known was Kyndig before he opened Kyndig.com?

Of course I've seen many similar projects start up and then collapse within a few months. But even if that happens, I'll still have had the opportunity to open a few minds within the graphical community, so (in my opinion) it will still have been worth it.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote