View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #200
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

Yes, we're derailing but it does relate to the guidelines for an RPI somewhat. Anyway.. it's not about being better. I've played a lot of muds over the years and the reason I've stuck to RPI is because of the quality of roleplay I've found at them.

You make a point when you say people might be on aim or somewhere else, but the fact of the matter is that they are not subjected to out of character discussion inside the mud itself, that is what counts and matters. As I matured over the years I started realizing these small tiny facts and when I first started acting on stage I even realized them further, how can you claim that you have a roleplaying atmosphere when you can't even get in character on the mud? Obviously people will say they can get in-character no matter what, but until you've seen the differences between RPI muds and the other muds out there you simply can't understand or compare the two.