View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 03:32 AM   #33
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
In regard to the first comment, if someone else were already there, entering a room and mindlessly (if the action didn't entail any extensive thought beforehand regarding the situation, that pretty much consititutes mindless) killing the NPC that the other person might have been interacting with within the atmosphere of the room description is perhaps not the action of a fool.  Substitute "ass" instead.

Concerning the second statement, please see my above comment about mindless activity.  It doesn't take a lot of thought to type "kill <mob>", then direction "x", then "kill <mob>" again, etc.

In reference to the third comment, I take it you don't see the irony.  Maybe you just didn't think about it.

As for the fourth statement, read my earlier comments again and you'll see that I said that they are "occassionally played by pathetic people", not exclusively.  Most RP MUDs actually weed out those types because they are unlikely to stay within the confines of their role and the RP world in favor of doing something completely unrealistic (like slaughtering everything in sight just because it's there).  So, taking some of my words out of context may fit your purpose, but it doesn't make me an elitist.

Finally, in regards to your belief that I'm elitist, Eleanor Roosevelt said that "noone can make you feel inferior without your consent."  If for some reason you feel I'm elitist, ask yourself instead why you feel the way you do.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote