View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 10:19 PM   #7
Tocamat

Tocamat is on a distinguished road
We have a player flag within our game called Penance. When a player becomes very troublesome we attach this to him or her. Basically, it will not allow that player to execute any hostile commands. ie spells/melee. It also allows them to be Player Killed anywhere within the game. It basically makes the mud nothing more than a large chat room to the player. It is used sparingly and only when a player becomes a serious problem.

I do however agree with Molly. Speaking with 'said' player and finding out what makes him tick is the best first solution. I am very patient, so unless that player is making the game unenjoyable for others, we are willing to give them some time to adapt and mesh with the mud.

There are those who simply log into your mud for the purpose of causing trouble. Vulgar names, channel spam or just general abuse of the mud population. I quick purge and a site ban is often enough to deter them. We have on occasion contacted IPS providers of those who are relentless in their pursuit to hinder our game and the enjoyment of our players.
Tocamat is offline   Reply With Quote