View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
eax

eax is on a distinguished road
How can I find a mud better than 3kindoms?

May seem like a strange question, however I started playing three kingdoms again, the quest rules make it damn tough but I am actually doing okay this time and out of all the muds Ive played the 3kingdoms quests have been the best and well thought out.

I like the fantasy theme and quests that feel like quests, have interactive NPCs , lots of mobs to fight, secret rooms, more npcs, clues etc

All the above being said I havent played too many muds and my logic is that considering the three kingdoms isnt always up there in terms of ranking I therefore suspect that I have missed out on some of the great muds. Could any of you suggest some muds that surpass 3k in terms of scope and quality?

I will be with 3k for a long time now as really enjoying it but just curious as to whats out there, one mud I did think was okay was achae which had a vampire theme but I didnt like the amount off pay to play stuff in it, in fact when suggesting any muds I would appreciate if only muds that have a money system like 3k or none at all are suggested. (3k has a vaf system but its good because the vafs are done so they dont imbalance the game so even if you dont donate you can still with no trouble have a great sustainable character in game - I plan to vaf soon and its because of the way it works that I am happy to do so)

I also like a mud with coherant maps, thorough guild system, guild quests, also able to keep your gear between reboots would be nice

Just getting my enthusiasm back for muds in general because you see I only started playing muds maybe 3 years ago and I think I have improved a bit where I can enjoy them more now as I am gradually learning some of the veteran builders mud syntax for quest solving

I did play the might and magic mud for a short time, however it was a knightmare to map, yes there are maps on the site but I like to be able to do my own.

Also I am using a registered version of portal but I am wandering if cmud is worth buying, also say I download the free version of cmud, do you get full functionality all but a nag screen?

Sorry about the huge post but I'm pondering the fact that I may visit Achae at some point, however I need someone to be brutally honest regarding the pay2play aspect of of achaea in that: "Is it estremely difficult to do top level end game stuff without putting in lots of money?" By lots of money I mean putting in £10.00 per month or more, the reality is if I was really getting somewhere I may put money in but I want to know that I could put say 10 pounds in per year and still get by to the same degree as other players?

Last edited by eax : 05-20-2009 at 08:32 AM.
eax is offline   Reply With Quote