Old 04-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #12
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I'll try to specify and re-articulate for the betterment of both Terris and the community that might be wondering about it.

A) Terris is not a bad MUD. It has some good features, assuredly.

B) Terris has the least attractive commercial(money) model out of all of the games that advertise here, probably. I would even prefer IRE's or Midievia's model, honestly, and that is a very difficult thing for me to even consider saying. This is because of how it charges by the pound(not by the dollar, as most in this community, though admittedly nto all, use the dollar), because it is overpriced, and because their "trial" period is very unattractive considering their gameplay is not particularly newbie friendly.

C) Terris' advertising scheme is kind of boring, making it draw less attention than other schemes here. As a commercial MUD, it is important to re-invest the money you make into designing banners and advertising that will draw attention.

D) Terris does lack gameplay variety. Not allowing for even the option of PvP and a few other gameplay elements makes your commercial product less marketable to the masses.

All of these contribute to the scariest and most tell-tale fact that major changes need to happen before Terris will be likely to draw in a crowd from this community(as far as my best educated guess would go);  Terris has, in the past decade or so-ish, dropped from an average of 600-900 players online at a time to 20-30.

I'm not denying that Terris may be fun. I would strongly encourage some overhauling choices to their staff, though, as a fellow admin and MUD advocate.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote