View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Are MUDs still popular?

It only takes a few young bigots, such as evidenced by some editors on Wiki and MUD's names becomes.. um... mud all over again. Reinvention is an approach which could seriously rejuvinate the whole genre. GUI's is one of the huge steps forward.. especially in the age where the book and reading is moving quickly into the digital age.

Whereas I should of course mention Primordiax, or the great work you (KaVir) has done with the interface for MUSH to control godwars I will actually look at Stormfront.. the gemstone interface.

This client almost makes the entire game controllable by mouseclicks.. inventory management, combat, casting, object manipulation. This takes MUD control into a whole new light. Take advanrage of their free trial, and go be amazed at just how good Stormfront is. I was actually blown away, and even though I do tend to spend rather a lot of my money on MUD's I play on payforperks etc, I will not be -forced- to pay a subscription fee when there are amazing quality MUD's that can be played for free.. otherwise I would probably still be playing it.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote