View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #36
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: The "Health," of Muds

I haven't seen a large change since my previous post here (about 5 down if you want to read it). The only change I have seen is a few more people from WoW and other Graphic MMO's have become turned off with the roleplay there and joined the text community.

As for personal clients. I disagree in creating personal clients with robust sound and graphics. I maintain that the beauty of the text world is text and description and is only muddied (no pun intended) by premade clients that you must download or hugely graphic based web clients. I see the enjoyment of them but find that the large playerbase at NWA have come here to get away from that not embrace it. The argument is that when they want these massively graphical clients they play WoW or Runescape that completely blow away anything the text community could hope to compete with.

I am not against those MUDs that use or like the personal graphic based clients. We just don't for the reasons above and several more that are specific to how we gain graphic players to our text environment.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote