View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 07:33 PM   #13
Orion Elder

Orion Elder is on a distinguished road
To put it simply, I have quite a bit to do in the MUDding community as well as my real life. I work on things when I get a chance. I didn't intend to post the stories from any of the contests, but after the first competition someone mentioned it and I figured 'why not.' The main point of that contest was to bring in interest on the MUD-Con event itself, give some notice to writers (hence the little graphical award they could post wherever), and a way to give away free advertising for MUDs who would like it for showing some interest in MUD-Con.

The main problem with this is that I do 99% of the work required on MUD Planet, ALONE. I have help from Samson on moderating the forums, and Chris Fewtrell (previously known as Trax) on working out the PHP at the rare times when I need it, but otherwise I do it all by myself.

I also do a number of other things which I really see no point in listing here. I also have a story from a couple of authors called Cold Desire, you may have heard of it, that I'm nearly two to three months behind on posting because I simply do not have the TIME to get it ready to post it with everything else I have to do.

Then I have a real life on top of all of that, in which I am currently trying to land a job and have spent quite a while working on resumes and all that fun stuff. Yes, I volunteer to do everything that I do. No one forced me into it, I do it because I've enjoyed this hobby for a number of years.

Now, I don't particularly care about the recognition, but I do expect patience when I'm doing something that no one else has volunteered to help me with (and I wouldn't take it, now, anyway... would feel like I guilted people into it), aside from Samson and Mr. Fewtrell.

You want the stories posted... that's great, and I'm glad there is interest in seeing them posted. When I get the chance to format and post them, I will. Until then, you will simply have to wait.

Never in my life have I seen a community which so much believes that it has a right to someone else's time.

As for the story competition, Molly, be my gues. After this, I don't even know if I'll run another one. It's not worth the bullsh*t.
Orion Elder is offline   Reply With Quote