View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 10:28 PM   #11
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Well Onyx I actually made it past chargen and I LOVE the new "lessons" thing. Only problem, was that I set an alias so that "look at" could be done just by typing "look" and it messed up the whole thing. When I went SOUTH at the prompt during the lesson, it sent me south, but instead of seeing the room, I got an error message saying I couldn't look at that. I had to delete the alias, but it took me awhile to figure out how. Then the lesson just kinda stopped working - didn't go any further and I had to skip the current lesson to get beyond it. I tried to look for a way to communicate "live" with the staff (assuming someone on staff was around of course), but didn't see anything in the helpfiles in game or on the website.

I'm one of the types who soaks up almost everything - I learned that the hard way, and now I read the manual - and in fact if a game promotion here on TMS doesn't include a website, but only the connection info, I won't bother trying to play their game. If it doesn't have manual, I ain't interested.
The more complex, the better - as long as the information is spelled out in plain english. The combat stuff on dartmud, unfortunately, was written in "mobkillerese" so I didn't get it at all. But I'm sure if I decide to actually try and kill something, I'll find someone to give me a hand.

Room descriptions were pretty good in the first place on Dartmud, though I did notice a couple of duplicate rooms in my first hour with my new character. But yeah I like objects. I have a "thing" for them. And I'm a total nitpicker when it comes to writing, but I've learned to get over that.

Some of the character names in Dartmud though - man they're just horrible. One guy's name - jeez I don't think even HE could pronounce it if he tried. Looked like he just let his cat walk on the keyboard when it came time to pick his name.

So how do you send a "report" to staff if you need their help with something?
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote